Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Very Cool Art Blog

I was talking with a friend about 20th century artists this week and he asked my opinion of the abstract expressionist Willem de Kooning. He'd been looking at my painting Trouble in South America. I probably replied that I liked them all, and mentioned De Chirico, Duchamp, Picasso, Dali, among others. He mentioned how absorbing it was to see de Kooning's painting Excavation, which is on display in Chicago.

I didn't know the de Kooning piece by name so I did a Google search for the image. This led me to a wonderful page in the Wordpress blog called Mischief & Impermanent Bliss. The blog-keeper Cathey Franke, who is into art, writing, music and life, wrote this about the page: I am a huge art fanatic, dedicating as much time to it as writing and music. These aren’t new artists. They are the masters from the past who I’ve admired for years and years. My all-time favorites.

Many of these have been on my own personal list of all-time favorites as well. Take a few minutes to check out the art on this page... It's impressive. A good introduction to the early movers and shakers of modern art.

Picture above right titled Picasso's Lady Friend, 10" x 14" acylic and ink on illustration board.

No comments:

Popular Posts