Sunday, July 5, 2015

Miscellaneous Quotes and Notes found during a weak attempt to clean my desktop

My desk has been a mess lately. My list of things to do or to distract me keeps me from this tedious task of organizing my space in a more suitable way. Piles of scribbled notes and business cards like good intentions lay strewn all about, piling ever higher. 

This weekend I made some time to sift these various scraps and finding a few quotes and notes of interest felt inclined to share them here. 

In the middle of life it happens that death comes
to take a man's measurements.
The visit is forgotten and life goes on.
But the suit is sewn on the quiet.
~ Tomas Transtromer

When I was born I had no head
My eye was single and my body was filled with light
And the light that I was, was the light that I saw by
And the light that I saw by, was the light that I was
~ Mike Heron, Douglas Traherne Harding

The sounds of life... so summer, so day,
So endless, so varied, so vivid.

The significance of the new cannot be determined by the now of its emergence. Just because it’s novel doesn’t mean it’s important.

Those who give their best deserve the best. It's nice to see good things happen to one who is so deserving.

Change is a commitment.

"'Tis better to have loved and lost
than never to have loved at all."
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"The Love Song of T.S. Elliot Turns 100"

So runs my dream, but what am I?
An infant crying in the night
An infant crying for the light
And with no language but a cry.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
(Tennyson spent 17 years working on this poem, In Memoriam A.H.H.)

McCartney, Lennon and me.

Find camera.

If I get air...

“His desk was a gesture of gregariousness”
Hawk Ridge

"My life has been a series of near misses..."

Fulcanelli, Mystery of the Cathedrals

Maurice Cotterell

The customer knows what he wants, but doesn’t always know what’s possible.

John 10:10

* * * *

At the end of it all there are still too many scraps, with email addresses and phone numbers and To Do lists. What does your desktop look like? 

1 comment:

Milissa said...

Ed, one of my favorite sayings when was a wide-eyed teen was by Tennyson. "I leave not till I finish this fair quest, Or die therefore." The idea of being so dedicated to something that I would do it or die trying hit a mark back then.

Popular Posts