Monday, October 1, 2012

OK, It's Monday. Now what?

"Don't you have any philosophies in life besides self-indulgence? You're the most self-indulgent damn fool I've ever met." ~ Eve (Ophelia Franklin, Flashbacks of a Fool)

What is it that matters, that really matters?

"I secretly think reality exists so we can speculate about it." ~ Slavoj Zizek

"And to say that society ought to be governed by the opinion of the wisest and best, though true, is useless. Whose opinion is to decide who are the wisest and best?" ~ Thomas Babington

"How far do our decisions in life take us, and how long do we eventually live by the ripples that such choices create?" ~ Jamie Ward

Ripples, waves... gifts from the sea.

"The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea." ~ Vladimir Nabokov

"I don't know what the future holds. I just try to do roles that I haven't done before." ~ Peter Facinelli 

How much of what a writer writes is revealing and how much concealing? 

"I've been traveling all over the world for 25 years, performing, talking to people, studying their cultures and musical instruments, and I always come away with more questions in my head than can be answered." ~ Yo-Yo Ma 
 
Yes, but what does it mean?

"Worms. Something to do with dirty worms." ~ Mark Bischoff


Alas, that's all she wrote.

No comments:

Popular Posts